What’s our best weapon against COVID-19: Building a strong, proactive immune system.
At Campbell Chiropractic, we are taking extraordinary actions to ensure the safety of our patients and empower our community with resources and information to increase our Community Immunity to COVID-19.
There are many things we can do personally to both reduce our risk of infection and to boost our immune response (see what we are personally doing below).
One of the greatest tools we can use is the power of the Chiropractic Adjustment.
Research evidence and COUNTLESS Patient Testimonials confirm that people who receive consistent chiropractic adjustments have stronger immunity.
I've noticed a significant decrease in the number of colds I've had to battle since beginning care.
"Anytime one of us is sick we all come in and get adjusted. It keeps us healthy and fights the colds or flus faster.”
“I haven’t been sick in years since coming here.”
"Our whole family is much healthier getting our regular adjustments."
“My children rarely get sick anymore, this is the best!”
Join the 100’s of families who love the immune boosting effects of chiropractic!
What does the Research say about Chiropractic and Immune Function? (See sources below)
- Increased Stress - Decreases Proper Immune Response 1,2
- Chiropractic Adjustments Decreases Stress Levels3-8
- Chiropractic Adjustments Increase Proper Immune Response9-11
- Adjustments Decrease Length of Illness and Medication Use12
- Chiropractic Decreases Inflammation and Normalizes Excessive Immune Reponses (Ex. Allergy and Cytokine Reduction)13-18
- Children that receive Chiropractic use 20% less prescriptions and 37% less antibiotics19
- Nervous System Controls Immune Response20-23
This is what we do to increase our health and immune response.
- Get adjusted! Chiropractic adjustments have been shown to BOOST the immune system.
- ELIMINATE: Sugars, Artificial Sweeteners, Refined Carbohydrates.
- ADD: Vitamin C (2000mg 3x/day), Vitamin D3 (5000+ IU/day), Vitamin E, Selenium, Zinc, Elderberry Syrup Sovereign Silver (1-3 tsp/day)
- HYDRATE: ½ body weight in OZ
- Stay Rested: Below 7 hrs. tanks immunity
- Wash Hands with Soap, Don’t touch your face.
- RELAX: Stress and Fear shuts down immune function.
- Get Adjusted again, destresses the body!
- Find Gratitude
- Enjoy time in the sun with close friends & family.
- 2006;13(5-6):257-67. Epub 2007 Aug 6. “Stress system--organization, physiology and immunoregulation.” - Elenkov IJ, Chrousos GP.
- Pharmacol Rev. 2000 Dec;52(4):595-638. “The sympathetic nerve--an integrative interface between two supersystems: the brain and the immune system.” Elenkov IJ1, Wilder RL, Chrousos GP, Vizi ES.
- J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2006 May;29(4):267-74. “Effect of chiropractic care on heart rate variability and pain in a multisite clinical study.” -Zhang J1, Dean D, Nosco D, Strathopulos D, Floros M.
- J Altern Complement Med. 2013 Feb;19(2):92-6. “Suboccipital decompression enhances heart rate variability indices of cardiac control in healthy subjects.” - Giles PD1, Hensel KL, Pacchia CF, Smith ML.
- J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2017 Sep 1;117(9):559-567 “Single Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy Session Dampens Acute Autonomic and Neuroendocrine Responses to Mental Stress in Healthy Male Participants.” - Fornari M, Carnevali L, Sgoifo A.
- J Chiropr Med. 2008 Sep; 7(3): 86–93. “Sympathetic and parasympathetic responses to specific diversified adjustments to chiropractic vertebral subluxations of the cervical and thoracic spine.” Arlene Welcha,⁎ and Ralph Booneb
- J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2009 May;32(4):277-86. “Heart rate variability modulation after manipulation in pain-free patients vs patients in pain.” Roy RA, Boucher JP, Comtois AS.
- Auton Neurosci. 2001 Aug 13;91(1-2):96-9. “Innocuous mechanical stimulation of the neck and alterations in heart-rate variability in healthy young adults.” - Budgell B1, Hirano F.
- J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2011 Mar;111(3):143-7. “Impact of osteopathic manipulative treatment on secretory immunoglobulin a levels in a stressed population.” - Saggio G1, Docimo S, Pilc J, Norton J, Gilliar W.
- Chiropr Osteopat. 2008 May 28;16:5. “Enhancement of in vitro interleukin-2 production in normal subjects following a single spinal manipulative treatment.”- Teodorczyk-Injeyan JA1, Injeyan HS, McGregor M, Harris GM, Ruegg R.
- Chiropr Osteopat. 2010 Sep 8;18:26. “Interleukin 2-regulated in vitro antibody production following a single spinal manipulative treatment in normal subjects.”- Teodorczyk-Injeyan JA1, McGregor M, Ruegg R, Injeyan HS.
- J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2000 Dec;100(12):776-82. “Benefits of osteopathic manipulative treatment for hospitalized elderly patients with pneumonia.” -Noll DR, Shores JH, Gamber RG, Herron KM, Swift J Jr.
- J Chiropr Med. 2010 Sep;9(3):107-14.“Inflammatory response following a short-term course of chiropractic treatment in subjects with and without chronic low back pain.”- Roy RA, Boucher JP, Comtois AS.
- J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2009 Sep;32(7):586-91. “Reduction in high blood tumor necrosis factor-alpha levels after manipulative therapy in 2 cervicogenic headache patients.”-Ormos G, Mehrishi JN, Bakács T
- J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1993 Sep;16(7):505-7. “Enhanced phagocytic cell respiratory burst induced by spinal manipulation potential role of substance P (and) enhanced neutrophil respiratory burst as a biological marker for manipulation forces duration of the effect and association with substance P and tumor necrosis factor.”-Nansel D, Szlazak M.
- J Chiropr Med. 2016 Sep;15(3):190-6. “The Physiological Role of Tumor Necrosis Factor in Human Immunity and Its Potential Implications in Spinal Manipulative Therapy: A Narrative Literature Review.” -Zhang L, Yao CH.
- J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1989 Aug;12(4):289-92. “An overview of neuroimmunomodulation and a possible correlation with musculoskeletal system function.” - Fidelibus JC.
- Journal of Orthopedic Surgery. 2003 Volume 2 Number 1 “Relationship Between Vertebral Deformities And Allergic Diseases.” -Y Takeda, S Arai.
- Journal of Chiropractic Research 1989 (Summer); 5: 101–103 “A Comparative Study of the Health Status of Children Raised Under the Health Care Models of Chiropractic and Allopathic Medicine” Van Breda W, Van Breda J
- Psych other Psychosom. 1993;60(1):46-56. “Fundamental aspects of neural-immune signaling.”- Felten DL1, Felten SY, Bellinger DL, Madden KS.
- Hosp Pract (Off Ed). 1994 Feb 15;29(2):59-65, 69-70. “Neural-immunologic interactions in asthma.”- Undem BJ1.
- Immunol Rev. 1987 Dec;100:225-60. “Noradrenergic sympathetic neural interactions with the immune system: structure and function.” - Felten DL, Felten SY, Bellinger DL, Carlson SL, Ackerman KD, Madden KS, Olschowki JA, Livnat S.
Reach out with any questions, at Campbell Chiropractic we are prepared to help you to stay healthy.
For more information on chiropractic and immunity or other resources on how to stay healthy visit our education page about immune system boosters at https://centennialfamilychiro.com/education/#immune